Thursday Doors – Inside the Cathedral

Dear Readers,   I will be moving my blog over the next few days to a new self-hosted site. If all goes well I shall still be linked to my dear WordPress community and nothing much will change except for a new site, my special project and some new avenues to explore ; if I get it wrong, I’m not quite sure so I’m crossing my fingers! I thought I’d post my Thursday Doors contribution as normal this week and hope to be able to rejoin you all again for the next instalment.

Following on from last weeks’ jaunt with camera into our local ‘big city’ of Angoulême – here is a stunning door from the interior of the cathedral…..

Really hope to catch up with you all again next week, in the meantime for more Thursday Door posts please do visit the site of our wonderful host Norm Frampton …… and if you happen to be on Instagram you can find me at @spirits_and_stones_     see you soon……….

ALL PHOTOS © JANE MORLEY

If you enjoy the photos on my blog please do visit my brand new website http://www.janemorley.photography where you will find many more photos and also http://www.theartcardpress.com for a host of greeting cards and photographic prints and even http://www.galeriedelamaison.com where you can sneak a peek at our boutique and tearoom!

26 Comments Add yours

1. Norm 2.0 says:

Love it! So many beautiful elements in that entrance way the eye is forced to slow down and linger a little just to take it all in.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Norm ! It certainly isn’t a modest door that’s for sure and you’re right you do have to stop and take notice! I shall hope to post some details of the main cathedral doors next week – all being well with blog moves etc!

2. Timothy Price says:

Wow! Fantastic doors ornate frame. Good luck on your move!

Liked by 1 person

1. Cheers Timothy! Thanks I’m working out the logistics of it all at the moment so fingers crossed I press the right buttons!

3. Sue says:

All the best with your blog migration, Jane….hope I can still see your work!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hiya Sue! Yes I’m trying to sort it out so I don’t lose everyone – it would be awful! I shall be most cautious ! Have great weekend 🙂

1. Sue says:

Have a lovely weekend yourself, Jane 😀

4. Nadia says:

Bonne chance! Hope the move goes well. I am toying with the same idea so let me know how it goes.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Nadia ! Yes I’m hoping to get it right and not lose everyone in the process – you do become rather attached to your WordPress followers after almost 2 years so I’m going carefully! 🙂

5. Beautiful photos but I confess they don’t have as much charm for me as rusty broken-down doors! I must also confess to being sad you are moving to self-hosted. In my experience, it leads to more complications for visitors commenting and liking and endless confirmations that you want to subscribe to comments on a particular post which ends up using more bandwidth than many of us can afford. Coming off my soap box, have a delightful weekend, Jane. 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Firstly Sarah I agree with you about the rusty doors – give me an old wreck any time! And I have to say I agree with you about the self-hosted bit too actually! Not keen to make the move at all but I find WordPress so restricting when it comes to the themes you can choose and what you can do with them and incredibly expensive when you decide to purchase something more flexible! Over 200 euros now to renew the theme I have currently, have no ads and my own domain name! Truly Outrageous and I can’t afford it so I’m going to see what I can do and hope it works out! I’ll keep you posted – forgive the pun! 🙂 😀

Liked by 1 person

6. I like the old, weather doors, but I love this glorious door as well. No reason to choose one to the exclusion of the other!! 🙂 I love the details as well.

All the best with your move. I’ll be following, no matter if I have to resubscribe somewhere.

janet

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much Janet ! I’m still hovering and dithering but I think it has to happen – I shall let you know! 🙂

7. Sonia Malysz says:

Beautiful door 🙂 I hope that the move works well for you. I tried that last year and unfortunately it did not work. None of my photographs were accessible on the new site. Only the text. In the end I decided to simply open another blog there and start from the beginning. I truly hope it works for you so afterwords you can be a guide for those of us who also consider the move.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks very much for your comment Sonia I confess I’m hesitating now as a few people have told me similar stories I’ve found a reasonable WordPress theme in the meantime and may wait a little longer!

1. Sonia Malysz says:

Which theme are you considering?

Liked by 1 person

2. Just opted for DYAD for the moment Sonia – it’s already activated so I’ll wait and see about the move for now!

3. Sonia Malysz says:

Alright! I will keep an eye on you…. 😉

8. Jane Lurie says:

I love your doors, Jane. Good luck with your move… I am so paranoid about making changes, which is silly. I look forward to hearing how it turned out. Don’t want to miss out on your work.

Liked by 1 person

1. Hello Jane lovely to hear from you! I’ve actually just found a rather good free theme on here which I’ve switched to for the moment and may postpone moving a little longer. Like you I’m a bit nervous of changing it all! Also find I’m spending more time on Instagram these days – are you on there?

1. Jane Lurie says:

Hi, Yes, I love Instagram. Will look you up. Did you have any issues changing themes on WP or did it move all your content seamlessly?

9. Gorgeous. Hope you stay connected because I’ve enjoyed your photos and our chats. 🙂

1. Oh I am and in fact have just found a new theme and am set ton stay a while yet! See you on Thursday Doors for a chat!

Liked by 1 person

Please feel free to leave me a note!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s