Careful – Trespassers Beware

I’m still finding photos I had thought long lost after the demise of my laptop earlier this year and when I happened upon this wee trio of slightly spooky images from a local ruined abbey, although I realise it isn’t quite time for Halloween, I thought they might make a fun  contribution to this week’s WordPress Photo Challenge – Careful.   I certainly would be very careful around this particular set of buildings after nightfall………

Abbey gates 2

Abbey gates 3ALL PHOTOS © JANE MORLEY

If you enjoy the photos on my blog please do visit my brand new website http://www.janemorley.photography where you will find many more photos and also http://www.theartcardpress.com for latest news, a host of greeting cards and photographic prints!

30 Comments Add yours

1. Timothy Price says:

“Abby in Chains!” Has a nice rock ring to it. Love the photos.

Liked by 1 person

1. Cheers Timothy! You got it in a ‘Nutshell’ ? !

2. Timothy Price says:

How about “Abbey in Chains”? Probably better if it’s spelled correctly!

1. Good either way in my opinion! 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Many thanks Julz, really pleased you like it!

3. Beautywhizz says:

It does feel a bit spooky…

Liked by 1 person

1. It does a bit doesn’t it but that’s a bit of artistic licence really, these wonderful old ruins are actually right in a built up area near a cement works, it’s very sad for the ruins !

4. Olga says:

That chain is very ominous looking. Love it!

Liked by 1 person

1. Oooh good, glad you don’t ming the spooky treatment Olga!

5. Beth says:

A very good kick-off for Halloween! I’ve sent it to my daughter, who loves Halloween festivities. These images really conjure up stories from the gothic horror genre!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Beth, delighted you like it, hope your daughter does!

Liked by 1 person

6. Seasonally perfect, Jane.

janet

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Janet, glad you like it!

7. svtakeiteasy says:

Oh someone really does not want visitors!

1. No I think they’re fairly determined to keep us out Chris!

8. Makes you wonder what that chain is keeping out, or worse, keeping in 😦

1. I daren’t tell you the whole story Robin! o_O o_O

9. I’d be careful but I’d still trespass. When we lived (as children) in a Queen Anne house which was next to an abandoned Georgian one, trespassing was heaven. Decades-old newspapers and the like. Sadly, while we were still living next door, it burned down – probably arson (but not us!). A nasty modern block of flats was built in its place.

Liked by 1 person

1. Oooh sounds thrilling Sarah! I don’t image you find anything interesting abandoned in England any more, too quickly snapped up by developers, but you do still see amazing places here – luckily!

10. cattan2011 says:

Love the texture of the lock and gate, wondering what is hiding behind the lock gate. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Monday.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you very much cattanblog – I wish you a wonderful Monday too!

11. I really dig your distinct visual/color style – looks like your very own fingerprint!

1. Thank you so much Herbert – I really do appreciate that! 🙂

1. Thank you Deb! So pleased you like them!

12. kazg10 says:

Careful alright, I can feel the spooky energy from here Jane 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Cheers Kaz! I would love to explore the ruins but this gate is determined that no-one gets through!

1. kazg10 says:

That just makes you want to go in even more! 🙂

2. Yes it most certainly does! 😉

Liked by 1 person

Please feel free to leave me a note!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s