Monochromatic – Rhapsody in Blue

I’ve been wanting to finish my marathon fruit photography series with the wonderful damsons we’ve just picked from the orchard.  The colour of the bloom on the fruit is so blue and beautiful I’ve been wondering how best to capture it and had finally decided my plain blue crockery would be the perfect compliment.

I took my subjects out to my favourite spot in the shelter of the covered courtyard to get the full benefit of the natural light, placed them on some blue card and couldn’t believe the richness of the resulting images. The intensity of the colour is astonishing and changes from rich powder blue to purple tinged royal blue depending upon the angle of the camera. You may not believe it but none of the photos have had the colour saturated – I never like to edit too much, just a little sharpening and light adjustment here and there (the final image of this series is shown unedited).

I was delighted to see that the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge subject for this week is Monochromatic, my beautiful blue plums will be my contribution – a luscious Rhapsody in Blue…..

Blue Damsons

Blue Damsons 5

Blue Damsons 9

Blue Damsons 8

Blue Damsons 2-3

Blue Damsons unedited

ALL PHOTOS © JANE MORLEY

If you enjoy the photos on my blog please do visit my brand new website http://www.theartcardpress.com where you will find many more photos, latest news, a host of greeting cards and photographic prints!

52 Comments Add yours

1. julieallyn says:

Incredible. Stunning. Scrumptious. These are fantastic!

Liked by 1 person

1. Cheers Julie – I really appreciate that!

2. west517 says:

Jane this is amazing!!! I absolutley love thise blues!!

1. Thanks west! They really are real too! 🙂

3. Beautywhizz says:

Yum, love the damsons plums.

4. astep479 says:

Beautifully captured!

1. Many thanks indeed astep479 !

1. You are a sweetheart Sarah – Thank you!

1. Many thanks Northumbrianlight- much appreciated !

5. Joanne says:

Simply STUNNING! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much Joanne!

6. Timothy Price says:

Nice blue on blue.

Liked by 1 person

1. Cheers Timothy! Glad you like it!

7. cattan2011 says:

Bountiful of beautiful fruits – fantastic and beautiful work.

1. Thank you cattan2011 for your very kind comments – much appreciated!

8. kazg10 says:

Beautiful Jane as always, perfect in blue and I appreciate each angle, very monochromatic indeed! 🙂

1. Thanks Kaz – so pleased that you like it – I’m a big fan of blue!

Liked by 1 person

9. Very nice still life arrangements.

1. Thank you petalpusher! 🙂

10. Jodi says:

stunning, beautiful shots, Jane!

Liked by 1 person

1. Cheers Jodi – much appreciated!

11. Jane Lurie says:

Marvelous blues. I love the orderly vs. the random…beautiful set, Jane.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Jane, glad you like the contrast I had a bit of fun arranging them!!

12. SmellyGirl says:

Absolutely Stunning!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, that’s very kind of you!

13. Grace says:

Stunning as always, Jane! xx

1. Thank you Grace! 🙂

1. Thank you idelhomemaker! So glad you like them!

14. Hello well done i like these shots it’s an awesome work… very artistic

please come come Come and enjoy participate to my photo challenge
    i’ll be honored

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Sylvain – you’re very kind! I’ll have a look at the challenge and thanks for inviting me!

15. Great photos, and appropriate caption!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thankyou very much indeed marlandphotos – much appreciated!

16. Cee Neuner says:

Great series of photos. Marvelous photography and great idea.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much Cee – very much appreciated!

17. A perfectly delightful choice, Jane.

janet

Liked by 1 person

18. Lovely …. very creative design a well as good subject choice . I must incestigate the rest of your blog now as the title intrigues me 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thankyou! I hope you like the rest of it!

19. beeblu says:

Exquisite photos. Beautiful blown up on a kitchen wall.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you very much beeblu – funny you should say that …….just about to do the very thing!

20. wow the blues you achieved are so rich and luminous…kudos.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you frenchapple! So glad you like it!

21. So stunningly simple and so absolutely beautiful, Jane! Love these images!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Stacy – much appreciated!

Liked by 1 person

Please feel free to leave me a note!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s